- 1/2 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 tsp margarine or dairy-free spread
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 drops pink food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Spray a 12-hole doughnut tin with a bit of cooking oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine cashew milk, sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, spices and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add flour and baking powder, then whisk again to just incorporate.
- Transfer batter into a large measuring jug with a spout (or a piping bag). Carefully divided into prepared doughnut tin holes.
- Bake for 8 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in tin for 1 minute, then loosen edges and turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- To make the pink glaze sauce, gently heat sugar and milk in a small pan. Simmer for 3–5 minutes, stirring regularly, until mixture begins to thicken and darken in colour. Remove pan from heat and stir through margarine, cinnamon and food colouring . Drizzle doughnuts with the glaze, or carefully dip tops then transfer to a rack to set.
- If you don’t have a doughnut tin, these bake perfectly as muffins too.
- Spices (cinnamon through cardamom) can be substituted with 2 tsp ground mixed spice blend if preferred.
- If glaze reduces a bit too much, whisk in a splash of warm water to thin.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)2