- 300g frozen cherries
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs margarine reduced fat, melted
- ¾ cup soy or dairy milk, low fat
- 2 tbs almond meal
- ¼ cup wholemeal plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Mix cherries and cornflour and place into a 6 cup capacity pie dish.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Whisk in margarine and milk. Add almond meal and flour, whisk well then pour mixture over cherries.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until set. Serve with ice cream.
- Clafoutis is a traditional French recipe made by baking fruit into a batter to produce a custard-like dessert. The name comes from the word clafotis which means "to fill up" referring to the batter, which is full of delicious fruit.
- To turn this into a delicious gluten free treat, simply replace the wholemeal plain flour with gluten free plain flour, and be sure to choose gluten free corn flour.