- 1 rooibos tea bag
- ?1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom pods
- 1/2 stick cassia
- small knob of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups So Good Lite soy milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Place 1¼ cups of water into a small saucepan with the tea bag and spices, cover and bring to boil. Turn down heat slightly and boil for 3 minutes.
- ?Mix in soy milk and honey, and bring to boil again, uncovered, being careful that it doesn’t burn or boil over. Remove from heat just as it starts to foam and rise.
- Pour into 2 tall mugs through a small strainer. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Enjoy immediately.
- Rooibos (or red bush) tea comes from South Africa and can be purchased from supermarkets and health-food stores. It is a popular caffeine-free alternative to black tea.
- For best results, use fresh spices, as spices tend to lose their volatile oils with storage.
- Store whole spices for up to 2 years. Ground spices should be used within 12-18 months. Never store spices in the fridge as the condensation will increase oxidation of their volatile oils.
Saturated Fat (g)0
Dietary Fibre (g)3