- 2 Tbsp margarine, divided
- 4 cups So Good™ Almond Unsweetened (1L)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup medium grain white rice (150g)
- Toasted sliced almonds, to serve (optional)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- Zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake. Grease a medium-large casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- Whisk almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla together in a saucepan or microwave-safe jug. Heat gently until warm (do not boil).
- Place rice in prepared dish. Pour over milk mixture, stir, then place the lid on or cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make compote. Place berries, orange zest and juice, and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency (keeping in mind it will thicken a little as it cools). Remove from heat.
- After 1 hour, remove pudding from oven and add remaining tablespoon of margarine. Stir well. Serve immediately with a generous dollop of compote.
- Rice pudding and compote keep well in the fridge for 3 days. Add a little extra almond milk when reheating, if needed.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)1.9