- 1/3 cup warm So Good Lite soy milk
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 1/2 cups plain white flour
- 1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, no added salt
- 2 tsp pesto (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated edam or feta cheese
- 3 cups other vegetable filling (eg spinach, tomato, roasted sweet potato (kumara), roasted pumpkin, roasted zucchinis (courgettes) or eggplant)
- In a small bowl combine the warm So Good Lite and water, stir in the sugar and sprinkle the yeast on top.
- Place the flours and salt in a separate mixing bowl, and stir in the oil.
- Add the yeast mixture when it is frothy, and stir well. Knead on a well-floured surface for about 5 minutes. Put it back in bowl and microwave for 1 minute on low and let stand for 10 minutes. Repeat until dough has doubled in size - 2 times more is usually enough.
- Divide the bread mixture into slightly uneven portions. Roll the larger portion into a circle to fit the tray. Spread the tomato paste and pesto onto dough, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Place whatever other fillings you have chosen.
- Roll the second piece of dough to cover the filling. Brush the edge of the base with water and fold to meet the top layer. Pinch the two together.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the tray on the warm stove top for about 5-10 minutes to allow the dough to rise before baking. Bake for 25 minutes at 200°C or until golden brown.