- 1 kumara (sweet potato) (900g), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Marmite™
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the kumara into a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until kumara is tender when tested with a knife.
- Drain the kumara and place into a large mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth, add the diced onion, Marmite™ and eggs. Mix to combine.
- Using the palms of your hands, roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten to form patties.
- Heat oil over a moderate heat in a non-stick frypan. Fry the patties in batches for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Makes 12 patties.