- 4 roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g pack frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup white self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup So Good Regular soy milk
- 200g of light ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- olive oil spray
- 2 tbs lite sour cream
- 1 tbs fresh basil, shredded
- Place tomatoes on a lightly greased oven tray, brush with oil. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 25 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the drained spinach, flours, eggs and So Good Regular. Mix to form a thick batter, then fold through the ricotta cheese and nutmeg.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a moderate heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Cook ? cup quantities of the batter for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Lift the hotcakes on to a plate and continue cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve the roasted tomatoes, sour cream and basil sandwiched between warm hotcakes.