- 1 tbs extra virgin oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano flakes
- 400g can chick peas, drained (set 2 tbs aside for garnish)
- 600ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sanitarium™ Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup So Good™ Soy Milk
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, gently cook the onion, garlic, celery and oregano until softened.
- Add the chick peas, stock and tomato and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter and soy milk.
- Puree until smooth and serve garnished with the set aside chickpeas and fresh parsley.
Saturated Fat (g)2.6
Dietary Fibre (g)6.4