- 250g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 250ml So Good™ almond milk
- 50g honey
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 egg or *1 tbs chia seeds and 6 tbs water
- 1 sheet wholemeal short crust pastry
* Mix chia seeds and water together in a separate bowl for 30 minutes before adding as an egg replacement.
Place peeled and diced pumpkin into a saucepan and add 100ml So Good™ almond milk. Gently bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is soft. Strain the pumpkin into a bowl with a colander on top.
Keep 150ml of the So Good Almond Milk for the filling.
Mash or puree the pumpkin, then add the honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla bean by cutting the bean in half lengthways and scraping out the seeds. Mix well.
Break the egg into a bowl and whisk in the 150ml of So Good™ almond milk. Mix into the pumpkin puree.
Line pastry into a pastry case, pour in mixture and bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes or until the edges of the filling have risen and the center is set.
Dietary Fibre (g)1.6