- ¾ cup aquafaba (liquid for 1 can of unsalted chickpeas)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Icing sugar, (or to taste)
- 2 shots (80mL) espresso, chilled
- 1 cup So Good™ Barista Edition Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
- To make the aquafaba whip, place the aquafaba and cream of tartar into a mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat until the liquid starts to thicken and become foamy. Increase the speed to high and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Add in the vanilla extract and sugar and beat for another minute. Place into the fridge.
- In the meantime, add the espresso, milk, cocoa powder, coconut sugar and ice into a blender. Blend until smooth and divide between two glasses.
- Top both drinks with the aquafaba whip and garnish with grated chocolate if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Any additional aquafaba whip needs to be used immediately/within the hour otherwise it will start to separate and turn back into a liquid. Alternately you can halve the recipe and freeze any leftover aquafaba from the can to use for later.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)3