- 2 cups (500g) medium grain brown rice
- 4 cups (1L) So Good™ Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon quill and sprig of thyme
- 2 cm piece of lemon rind
- ½ head broccoli or 200g long stemmed broccolini
- 250g baby carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 2 heads bok choy, sliced into quarters
- 200g firm tofu, cut into slices
- 1 mango
- To serve, coriander leaves and lime wedges
Sesame & ginger dressing
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 cm ginger pieces, grated, juices squeezed
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with So Good™ Unsweetened Coconut Milk and add the bay leaf, cinnamon quill, thyme leaves and lemon rind. Soak at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Put the rice over a high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes, until just tender, then turn off the heat and cover with lid. There should still be some moisture left. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat a barbecue, grill plate or cast iron frypan. Grill the vegetables, mango and tofu, until beginning to brown.
- To make the dressing, in a small jar with lid or glass jug, shake or mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Serve the rice in a bowl separate to a large platter with the vegetables, mango and tofu arranged. Pour the sesame dressing over the grilled vegetables. Garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)6.5