Ingredients1 cup black rice
1 litre So Good™ Almond & Coconut Milk Unsweetened
400g can reduced fat coconut milk
2 tbs honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Cover black rice with water and stand overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Place soaked rice and So Good™ Coconut Milk in a saucepan. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for further 10 minutes.
- Serve with garnished with fruits of choice. Serves 6
- Can be served hot or cold. Great summer breakfast idea.
- Black rice is readily available in the supermarket. Soaking the rice overnight reduces the cooking time of the rice. If you do not soak the rice it will still work but just needs longer cooking time.
- For a creamer result replace canned coconut milk with coconut cream.
Saturated Fat (g)7.6
Dietary Fibre (g)2.8