- 1 cup black rice
- 1 litre So Good™ Almond & Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 400g can reduced fat coconut milk
- 2 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Cover black rice with water and stand overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Place soaked rice and almond milk in a saucepan. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for further 10 minutes.
- Top with your choice of fresh fruit.
- Can be served hot or cold. Great summer breakfast idea.
- Black rice is readily available in the supermarket. Soaking the rice overnight reduces the cooking time of the rice. If you do not soak the rice it will still work but just needs longer cooking time.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)1.8