- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 700 ml bottle tomato passata
- 1 x 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 500 g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 250 g reduced fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil for 3 - 4 minutes until starting to soften. Add passata, tinned tomatoes and herbs, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- As the sauce is simmering, cook pasta in a large pot for 2 minutes less than the time on the packet. You want the pasta slightly firm as it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Drain pasta, return to pan and immediately stir through the tomato sauce. Add almond milk and ricotta, and stir again to evenly coat pasta. Transfer mixture into a 2 litre (8 cup) baking dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the top of the pasta. Cover loosely with lightly oiled foil and place pan on an oven tray to catch any drips.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake a further 5 - 10 minutes until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbly. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This pasta bake re-heats perfectly for lunch the next day. Portion and freeze, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Saturated Fat (g)4
Dietary Fibre (g)7.1