- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup white self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp margarine or non-dairy spread, melted
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- 1/3 cup So Good™ Oat No Added Sugar
For the filling
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, partially thawed 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup berry jam
- Preheat oven to 190°C (370°F). Line an oven tray or 20cm tin with baking paper.
- To make the dough, combine flours, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir well. Drizzle in the melted spread and use a fork to mix, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sparkling water and So Good oat milk–quickly stir again with the fork, just until the dough comes together. Knead in a bowl a few times to collect any remaining flour, then turn out onto floured bench-top.
- Lightly dust top of dough with a bit of extra flour to prevent sticking, and roll into a 24 x 36cm rectangle. With a long edge of the rectangle closest to you, spread jam over the dough, leaving 2cm of dough clear on the opposite long edge. Scatter over berries in a single layer, slicing or crumbling larger fruit such as blackberries or strawberries.
- Roll the topped dough away from you to enclose filling, pinch the seam to seal. Slice into 9 rounds with a serrated knife, and place cut-side down on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Cool on tray for 5 minutes then move to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- No self-raising flour? For each 1 cup of self-raising flour, use an equal quantity of plain flour and whisk through 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp bi-carb soda. This recipe has 2 cups of flour.
- Can’t find wholemeal flour? Replace with an equal quantity of white self-raising flour. Remember, different brands and types of flour can differ in absorption, don’t be afraid to add an extra teaspoon of flour if the dough is sticky, or milk to catch extra flour in the bowl.
- For a sweeter scroll, replace sparkling water with lemonade.
- For a savoury scroll: replace berry filling with pizza sauce and veggies, marmite and cheese, or pesto and cheese.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)3